Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Updates on Life

I super-suck at updating my blog this year. Sorry peeps. Highlights of the past month:

-Weather. St. Louis weather in February and March is NOTHING like the Keys. I was in Florida a year ago...I still kick myself for leaving sometimes...Anyway, the weather is finally starting to make a turn for the better here in St. Louis which means lots of playtime and walks with Elphie, which I know she LOVES. This winter has been pretty harsh and I've been a wuss this year and haven't been walking her as often as I should, leading to lots of pent up doggie energy. Not good. I've been trying to take her with me on my errands to get her out of the house and maybe make up for not going on as many walks as we should have. Thankfully the weather is getting bearable enough to wander around the park for an hour or two and completely tucker us both out. Today we saw a bunch of ducks mating in the pond at the park (it was really quite sad, actually) and we ran up and down some hills. Good times. Thanks for warming up earth!


-DRIVING! I can officially drive a manual vehicle now :) Thanks to Maria's kicking car, the Kennedy parking lot, and some patience from Ron and Maria, I understand and am fully capable of driving a manual :) It's pretty exciting because I can cross it off my list of things to do this year/in my life AND I my hottness rating went up by 3 or 4 points. Eat you hearts out, gentlemen.

-Knitting: Hasn't gotten as far as I thought it would. I'm working on a belated birthday project that I messed up and am now starting over. Le suck. Hopefully, I can hunker down and get it done so I can keep checking off projects from my list before the weather gets tooooo nice to even spend ANY time inside knitting

-Social life: Um, check! I have gone out so much recently, and it's awesome! I actually feel like I'm 23 years old! I've gone to some blues bars downtown, gone to the city museum, played a lot of pool, have been building my tolerance back up (I cant believe I let it get so low!), and have been going to bed after 1am or later very often smelling like a bar. Though I dont particularly enjoy the last part because I LOATHE the smell of bars and smoke and I absolutely LOVE sleep, I'm grinning and bearing it because I haven't gotten to hang out with friends and people my own age in quite some time. It's very refreshing :)

-Insurance: I've been going to the doctor a lot recently to get updated on shots and get over sickness (I had some nasty sinus problems there for a while). THANK GOODNESS FOR INSURANCE!! I used to pay anywhere from $40-$75 for prescriptions. My most recent prescription totaled to $9. NINE. My jaw is still wide open.

-Kickboxing: I recently joined The Boxing Gym to get myself into shape for summer time. I really need to get in there more though! I've been eating so many carbs this past week and not working out nearly enough. Tsk Tsk Tsk. The classes are great and so are the instructors and everyone that comes in to work out. I now know how to properly punch, so watch out! And hopefully when summer rolls around, I'll have some sweet abs to show off (no promises though).

-Book Smarts: I spent 2 hours in Borders yesterday and I loved every second of it. I'm going to have a library in my house some day. From my Borders adventure I bought the old school versions of Alice in Wonderland (the movie was fabulous, btw. Go see it in 3-D!). I also purchased a book of crosswords to exercise my brain since my work is slightly mindless. I don't want to lose what's left of my good brain cells. That should keep me busy for a little while.


-Quality Time: I've been spending a pretty decent amount of time with some of my favorite people! Hooray! This includes, but is not limited to: birthday parties, learning to drive stick, motorcycle rides, Sunday night dinners (when I'm not working), playing wii, laying on the living room carpet on lazy days. Good times indeed.


And last, but certainly not least, tomorrow is St. Partick's Day! Enjoy being Irish, or at least pretending to be!

Until next time my friends...

1 comment:

Momma Maria said...

I notice you didn't mention certain BOY-related info on your blog;-) Also it's crazy how much Ben and Anna should be siblings. Seriously. Take a second look at that picture!