Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Messy Little Blog Posting

Caution: This post is about dog poop and domestic chores.


After some much needed rest, I awoke this morning to Corgi droppings on my carpeted bedroom floor. The first few thoughts that ran through my head are as follows:

1) How did I not smell that?
2) Why does she not look guilty?
3) Is Elphie sick?
4) Is she going to be pooping all day?
5) I'm never having carpeted floors again.
6) Cleaning this up is going to delay me from reading Postsecret. Dang it!

As I cleaned up the dropping with much pet stain remover and many, many paper towels (sorry Mother Earth!), I decided that I would multi-task and start the dish washer so I had some clean dishes to eat my breakfast off of. Once the droppings were cleaned up, I moved onto sweeping the bathroom, and then the kitchen. As soon as I got to the kitchen, I saw that my sinks were filled with smelly, grey water. I'm pretty thrifty, but I don't know how to fix these kind of things. So what do I do? I turn off the dishwasher, and voilĂ ! The sink drains. Slightly worried and still cautious, I restart the dishwasher and it's been fine since.

All this and it's only noon. Eeek!

No comments: