Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Long Time Coming...






Like the title states, this blog has been a LONG time coming...I meant to set it up at the beginning of the summer when I started working at Sea Base, but as each day off flew by, I just never got around to it. Alas, here I am with some fun tales to tell from a summer that is quickly coming to a close while I begin to move on to another phase of my life: Seattle. But before I get into that crazy nonsense, I will tell all about my summer :)

Florida Sea Base. The summer of a lifetime, to say the least! Fishing, kayaking, hiking, snorkeling, and sailing every week was a great way to spend 3 months in the Keys. But of course, I was there for the scouts, who helped me learn a lot about myself and about other people. My appreciation for nature was once again renewed and I've learned to really enjoy fishing (especially when I get to punch the fish!!), which I never thought was possible. It's hard to put 3 months of adventure into a short paragraph, so hopefully these pictures will help. 

Pictures in order: Sailboat at the Sunset Festival, Me on the Island (Big Munson Island, that is!) with an anole, a shot of the ocean from Cayo Hueso (Key West!), On top of the old US-1 looking down at Bahia Honda, and a shot of the old US-1 from the beach at Bahia Honda

Until next time friends...


1 comment:

Momma Maria said...

Love the blog.
Love the background.
Love you!