Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Adventures in Puppy Sitting & Etsy

His name is Zeus. Aaron's dad got a chocolate lab puppy for his birthday this weekend and since I have no real job I need to be attending to during the day, I got to puppy sit Zeus today. Now, you think this would be an easy task, and you're right-it's not rocket science, but it was a challenge. (I don't know how parents handle children all day, everyday, without losing their sanity. Kudos to all the parents out there). Elphie and the new pup are bff's, most of the time, but I think the pup was getting on her nerves today. After running around and banging into furniture all morning, the puppies did not let up on the activity, till about mid afternoon when Elphie was done having a new bff. She growled and showed her fangs at the pup for trying to take her bone and other chew toys-definitely child's play, but nontheless startling when I'm job hunting in the quiet of my own room. (Speaking of job hunting, I have a phone interview tomorrow afternoon so keep your fingers crossed for me!) Elphie was also very upset that I gave even the slightest bit of attention to another dog; what a jealous little dog! Aside from the chew toy fueds and the attention battles between him and my pup, it was an amusing day watching the clumspy little dog become more aware of his surroundings. It was even funnier to watch him wrestle around with Elphie, start to learn her weaknesses and then use them against her. They are both fighters, let me tell you...
After a long day, Elphie is now completely worn out as you can see...


Aside from much puppy chaos, I have been wasting my day away online finding many things I want and should not buy because I don't have a job (...yet). But you know those unfindable, gotta have items? The ones that you can never find or are never in season when you have the funds to purchase them, but are found in mass quanities when your bank account is running low? That's what I've been finding ALL DAY. It's super-frustrating, isn't it? If you have time, but not money to waste, do NOT, I repeat, do NOT visit Etsy. People have been raving about the site on their blogs and so I thought I should check it out. Why not, right? It sucks you in instantly! It has the most awesome, unique, adorable, handmade anythings you could ever want or need. But if you're like me and pretend you can buy whatever you want because you've been in search of these somethings for what seems like an eternity, then by all means, visit the site! It's wonderful, creative, and you can find all sorts of things on there; clothes, shoes, dolls, furniture, pottery-you name it and they probably have it. But don't say I didn't warn you.
Here's just a sample of some of the absolutely adorable purses I've found today and have had to convince myself that I don't really need. That's really hard to do. Just look at them!




And here

You see what I mean? As soon as I get a job, I'm buying one of these purses. In the meantime, I'm going to go to sleep and have dreams of dancing around with these adorable bags in arm. Be careful at that site my friends. Until next time...



BTW-You can also sell your own handmade crafts on Etsy. If you knit, do woodwork, sew, or have any other handmade craft and are would like to make some profit, you can check out the How to Sell on Etsy page and sell your finished products. It's wonderful.

No comments: