Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

First and foremost: I got a job! I am a manager at a fancy place called Massage Envy. I'm still learning the ropes, but so-far it's been loads of fun and everyone there is really nice. AND it's only a 5 minute drive from the house, so I can wake up late and still make it in on time :)

Second: My dad and brother came to visit for the weekend. Unfortunately, I had to work the first 2.5 days of their visit, but the past two days I have been off work and enjoying their company thoroughly. While I was working, they had a chance to get down to Forest Park and visit the Boathouse to kayak and paddle boat around the Post-Dispatch Lake down there. They said they had a great time and my dad got to take a lot of quality pictures, so if you're looking for something fun and scenic, the Boathouse is your spot!


Third: Russell and I saw an awesome band perform an evening packed with cover songs at Mike Duffy's Pub & Grill in Kirkwood, MO. The band is called Square Heads Round Dreads and they are killer musicians. From Wagon Wheel to Johnny B. Good and Feel Like Making Love to What's Up, everything was performed excellently. Great job to you all!

The next day was Father's Day. We went to church on the motorcycles because we like to make a scene. And after going to their respective pews before Mass started, who didn't ask, "God, why can't I be that cool?". I'm pretty sure God got tired of hearing that from so many people right before the service was starting... And that's how we like to think people act when they see us roll up on these bikes.


Posing for a picture after mass (in a very awkward fashion, I might add).


Today was spent enjoying time with my dad and brother before they leave tomorrow. We did a little relaxing, browsed a couple shops at the mall, ate a little ice cream from DQ (The Brownie Batter Blizzard is to DIE for, btw), did a little more relaxing and had a wonderful dinner with the rest of the family. Here we are cramming into my car for some Mexican food.


And, of course, we took some pictures. Here's a nice family portrait.

It's been a good weekend for working hard and playing harder, with a little relaxation on the side. Happy Father's Day to all the father's out there!

No comments: