Thursday, April 7, 2011

KT and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day

Today....sucked.

Morning traffic wasn't too bad, but someone almost clipped my car just a few miles away from work. At first, I worried that it was a bad omen for the start of the day, but I shrugged it off. I should have known better.

At the office, a program we have should, in theory, work pretty well, but it doesn't and I deal with it ALL. DAY. LONG. Annnd I'm still the new kid, so sometimes I don't know if its my stupidity messing something up, or the stupid program. Generally, I need to ask someone, but I'm tired of being the new kid with millions of questions. I would like to work one day where I don't annoy someone with my questions that everyone else knows but me. After 8 hours of built up frustration, I headed home but....I got stuck in traffic, adding more frustration! I did a lot of loud sighing, yelling, and shaking of my steering wheel and decided that if I didn't go for a run, I would literally implode.

I grabbed my sneakers, got the dog on the leash, and headed out for a run. Elphie decided to run directly beneath each of my steps, my headphones wouldn't stay in my ears and apparently the running shirt I was wearing had shrunk, revealing my stomach conveniently whenever I ran past neighbors. Grrrreat. Elphie continued to run under my feet so I had to keep slowing down or jumping around her while I was running and trying to pull my shirt down. Then Elphie had to make an extended stop for a potty break....except she couldn't really get the job done. (Don't read the rest of this paragraph if you have a weak stomach or are grossed out by poop stories. Otherwise, get over it.) Elphie stopped for a number two, but it got stuck on her fur and I thought "If she runs, surely it will fall right off!" so I start running again but 3 step into it (also in the middle of the road), she decided that running wasn't going to get the poop off her fur...and just sat down...did I mention this was in the middle of the road? After much coaxing and pulling on her leash, we finally made it safely to the sidewalk. She shook off the stubborn poo and suddenly, somebody got the squirts - and it wasn't me. Thank God no neighbors were around. After the bodily functions were complete, we still had a bit to go, so we started running again and for 2 seconds it was great! Yes! Finally air in my lungs! Deep Breaths! and suddenly...OUCH! Sharp pain in my right lung! Eek! Excruciating pain in my left shoulder! Dear Lord - will this run ever end?!
Finally, I gave up and said, "F this run, I'm walking home".

Today was NOT my day.
In fact, today was a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day.

No comments: