Wednesday, October 7, 2009

She's crafty

I've been feeling quite crafty lately, and it might be due to the onset of autumn. Whatever it may be, it's getting my creative juices going. I've been trying to resist stopping by Hobby Lobby in fear that I'll drop $100 in just a few minutes buying scrapbooking accessories and loading up on yarn. It's addicting, it tell you.
When I get home from work at night, my adrenaline is still going from running around and getting everything done at the clinic, that I need to keep moving for a few hours after I clock out at work. I noticed a recent trend that I drink a glass of wine and facebook till the wee hours of the morning and thats nothing fun or productive, but it does pass the time. My goal for the fall has been to not do more than check email after arriving home and then its craft time. So far I've been knitting a blanket because I get cold very easily (it will look something like this but purple - pictures to come soon) and I have finally gotten pictures printed to continue scrapbooking! I would try my hand at jewelery making but I'm a little clumsy and would be afraid of spilling beads everywhere and them getting eaten by little dogs and children.
Anyway, hooray for fall and craftiness. If there's a craft festival near you, check it out! They're popping up everywhere this time of year so take a stroll and find something nifty to add to your collection!

No comments: